When it comes to electric pressure washers there’s only 2 things you need to decide: Which brand and if you need light-duty or medium-duty. After reading this page you will know your answers.
Most jobs around your home can be accomplished with an electric pressure washer. Yes, a gas washer will to do the bigger jobs quicker, but if you only plan to clean your driveway once or twice a year, then an electric is ideal.
Here’s a listing of what brands offer what warranties for their washers.
Note that limited warranty means they are covered against substantial defect on material and workmanship which occur within the warranty period.
What does “defect against material and workmanship” mean?
- If you use the pressure washer as per the User Manual and the pump or motor fails within a year they’ll fix it or replace the whole unit.
- If any of the structural component break like the handle or frame it will be fixed or replaced so long as you haven’t dropped it from a height or run it over with your car…
All companies cover normal wear items like the hoses, seals, o-rings, valves, lances and nozzles against defect in material and workmanship for 90 days.
1-Year Limited Warranty
The brands that offer 1-year limited warranties on items like the pump and motor are:
- AR Blue Clean
- Campbell Hausfeld
Be sure to read the manual because the warranty voids if User Manual instructions aren’t followed.
2-Year Limited Warranty (3-Years With $29.99 Extended Warranty Purchase)
Sun Joe is the only brand to offer 2-year limited warranty out-of-the-box. Nice piece of mind!
- Sun Joe
They also offer 1-Year on top of the stock 2-years for $29.99. You must purchase the extended warranty within 90-days of purchase.
Warranty Fine Print
If you decide to rent out or use your pressure washer for industrial or commercial purpose (see manual for intended use) the warranty will only be valid for 90 days.
Features To Look For
- Does it come with extra nozzles? There’s no doubt you’ll need different nozzles. Watch out for the units that come with them out-of-the-box.
- How much does it weigh? Most of the units are between 15 and 35 pounds. Take note if a unit is 35 pounds but doesn’t come with wheels for easy manoeuvrability.
- Does it have a detergent system? A downstream (after the pump) detergent system is pretty hand to have. It allows you to use chemical to more effectively clean your vehicle or driveway.
- A plastic or brass coupling to connect the garden hose? Without a doubt the most common complaint is the plastic coupling to connect the garden hose to the washer always breaks or leaks. Be sure to buy a brass coupling separate if it doesn’t come stock.
- Plastic or stainless wand? A stainless-steel wand is more durable.
- What is the hose and electric cord length? Typically you’ll see 20-foot hoses and 30-foot electric cords. Be wary if the unit comes with anything less.
- Does it have hose reel? This is a personal preference thing. Some people hate the hose reel because they think it kinks the hose and is cumbersome to use. Others like it. It’s up to you – half have them half don’t.
- Wheels? Does your machine weight 35 pounds and not come with wheels? Most units above 20 pounds come stock with wheels anyways. Just be mindful.
- Storage onboard for nozzles? Not a must have but a nice to have.
- What PSI/GPM do you need? When it comes to electric you’re only limited by the price you are willing to pay when it comes to PSI/GPM. You can spend $2,000 and get heavy-duty power or you can spend ~$150 and get medium-duty, and even less for light-duty.
The Different Electric Pressure Cleaning Powers On Offer
- Great for small jobs around the house
- Affordable and light
- Limited power so range of cleaning jobs limited.
- Most popular for residential pressure washing
- Great for front stairs, back deck, patio furniture, vehicles, driveway etc.
- Great value for money as you can pick these up for less than $150.
- When it comes to electric, the price shoots up like a rocket once you get above 2,100 PSI and 1.8 GPM. So the heavy-duty electric units are above $1000.
- Unless you’re a contractor or purchaser for a warehouse/factory you’ll probably be better off getting a gas powered machine if you want heavy-duty.
- The main advantage to electric heavy-duty is you or your workers won’t have to refill the fuel several times a day.
The Best Brands
Karcher is one of the oldest, long-lasting pressure washer companies in the world for a reason. They innovate and improve their product continually. They offer gas and electric options. In the electric sector they have units ranging from light-duty up to 5,000 PSI and 5 GPM electric “Super Class” units. They have it all.
AR Blue Clean
AR Blue Clean is a brand of pressure cleaner created by the well-known Italian pump company, Annovi Reverberi. They offer medium and light-duty electric units at an affordable price. They are very popular because they match affordable with durable and reliable since their pumps are well-built and designed.
Greenworks is the lawn and garden euipment brand of Globe Tools Co. These unit are manufactured in China, but manufactured with enormouse attention to quality control on the assembly line. They only offer electric power equipment ranging from lithium-ion battery powered lawn mowers to electric pressure washers.
Sun Joe is part of the company Snow Joe which came into existence making a $100 snow thrower. They offer 20 products in the lawn and garden sector.
Campbell Hausfeld is a large company owned by the well-know Berkshire Hathaway Company. They offer all sorts of power tools and are especially well-know for their compressors. Their range of pressure washers includes 4x electric and 5x gas models.
Pressure-Pro is a relatively small company based out of South Florida. They are extremely well-know to American pressure washing contractors due to the custom built skids and trailers they make. They stick to the professional market and do private label deals to increase profit. They have unmatched quality according to many contractors.
Great Light-duty Electric Option
You can also permanently connect it to the wall of your garage or shed if your cleaning jobs are all within reach.
The Best Medium-duty Electric Pressure Washer Option
It’s easy to store and move around. It’s great for the most common jobs like vehicle washing, driveways, back decks and patios and front walkways and stairs.
The 1 area for improvement mentioned by many is the plastic garden hose connector. If you decide to purchase be sure to spend extra $8 and get the brass garden hose quick connect kit.
High Performance – The Best Heavy-duty Electric
It has an Annovi Reverberi (AR) triplex pump and 26-Amp induction motor. The machine weighs 235 pounds and aircraft-grade aluminium frame.
This thing is powerful – the kickback from the lance is huge so be careful when first using.
- Pressure-Pro.com pressure washers selection page.
- Pressure-Pro on PressureWashersDirect.com was used because it has extensive detail on the unit specs and features.
- All the brands websites were used to find out the warranties they offer: Karcher, AR, GreenWorks (PDF), Campbell Hausfeld, Sun Joe, Pressure-Pro.
- Pressure washer reviews from PressureWashr.com